This post may contain affiliate text and photo links. For more information, please read our disclosure.
When I think of low carb, keto meals, my first thought is most definitely not a grilled cheese. There is something about a grilled cheese though that is so classic and heartwarming that I can’t live without a good grilled cheese in my life. This is why I sought out the best low carb, keto grilled cheese.
Short on time? Pin it for later.
This keto bread recipe uses almond flour. I use this brand. It’s so easy and quick to make! This keto bread has brought low carb grilled cheese into my life and I don’t think it gets any better than that.
What you’ll need:
- Almond Flour
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Baking Powder
- Microwaveable Square Dish – I really like these ones.
The microwaveable square dish will give us the bread like shape for our keto bread. I’ve also used a round microwaveable dish when creating keto buns.
How to make low carb, keto bread:
- In your microwaveable square dish add 3 tablespoons of almond flour, 2 tablespoons of plain greek yogurt, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1 egg and salt to taste.
- Whisk the ingredients together with a fork until they are smooth.
- Cook in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, depending on the power of your microwave.
- When finished, flip the microwaveable dish upside down onto a plate to remove your ‘bread’.
- Cut the bread lengthwise, to create two slices, as shown below.
From here, I will typically ‘toast’ the slices of bread in a pan on medium heat. Flipping after a minute or two just to give each slice of bread a slightly browned, toasted look.
Once the bread is toasted, I place the cheese on one slice of the bread and put the other slice of bread on top, to form a sandwich, while still in the pan. I will then press down on the sandwich with a flipper and continue to flip and heat the sandwich until the cheese has melted.
I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
If you’re like me and look to the bottom of a web page for the complete recipe, here it is:
Low Carb, Keto Grilled Cheese
A low carb way to enjoy an american classic!
- 3 tbsp Almond Flour
- 2 tbsp Plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- salt to taste
- 1 slice cheddar cheese I use the presliced packages of real cheddar cheese, ~20 grams
Mix the almond flour, plain greek yogurt, baking powder, salt and egg in a square microwaveable dish (linked above).
Whisk ingredients together with a fork until smooth.
Microwave for 2-3 minutes, depending on the power of your microwave.
When done, place microwaveable dish upside down on a plate to remove your bread. Slice the ‘bread’ in half lengthwise to create two slices.
In a non-stick pan, ‘toast’ each of the slices of bread by frying them in the pan on medium heat until lightly browned.
While still in the pan, on one slice of bread add the cheese. Place the other slice of bread on top to form a sandwich.
Press down on the sandwich with your flipping utensil. Continue to flip and heat through until the cheese has melted.